Plymale Cottage, 180 N Oregon St., Jacksonville, OR
This house was built in 1868 by David Linn who owned a furniture factory across the street. That same year he sold the house to Henry Breitbarth, who because of debts, reverted the house back to Linn in 1873. Over the next 15 years, David Linn never lived here but instead rented it out to a variety of families during that period. In 1888, David Linn's furniture factory burned down and also burned down the home of his neighbor, William Plymale. It seems that Linn felt sorry for William Plymale (who had a family of 9 children and no home). In 1890 (about a year and a half later), Linn sold this house to Plymale. William Plymale
and his family lived in this house from 1890 until his death in 1904. At that time, the house was passed to William's daughter Kate, who six months later was married and moved to Medford. She sold the house soon after. The history of the house has seen many owners since the Plymale family. It was used as a residence for many years, it has been a restaurant, an antique store, and is currently a boutique called "Llamas and Llambs."
Add a Comment